Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Song Trials

Once I knew a man with a heart for a sock, still he didn't even give up wrestling! His mom changed to a bear and washed him down the drain and she didn't even like black coffee. His father went to school in a bright blue suit though he never cared about field hockey. His sister stayed in bed, had an orange for a pet, and she even thought to name it Sallee.

There once was a man with a desire in his heart to travel around the world. He came home to his family with a the lofty idea that they could run around with all their money. His wife and his children couldn't leave their lives so he went along by his lonesome. He started out fast, and he rounded out the west, and his life was truly happy. But terrible turns strike a man who yearns for ambitious, unrealistic, futures. So he'd spent all his money, and he'd spent it in a hurry, yet he'd barely even reached Missouri. His luck was ruined and he'd barely left a mark but he had to go back to his family. He turned the knob with the softest touch, found two children and a widow sitting. They stared at him and he looked right back but he couldn't recognize their features. She yelled at him and denounced his name, "You're never welcome at this household!" "Where have I gone, or what have I done" cried the man left without a family. He had once had love and children to enjoy, but now he sits alone and cries to no one. I should never have left and lost my life, but the losses will latch onto me. For I am a fool and sad old man and the world just looks on through me.

No comments: