Monday, January 5, 2009

A Good Book

Today I finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo, the story of a man who seeks revenge on men who have betrayed him. Now that I have finished reading the book, I feel a little empty, like I have gained and lost a good friend in the matter of a few weeks. It truly amazes me how I can get so wrapped up in a book with emotions and feelings. I feel as though I have experienced what Edmond Dantes went through. I feel as though I met the people he met, and saw the places he traveled.

After finishing a good book, which is usually any book that I read, I always find it hard to pick up a new one because I want to keep in my memory that old book, and those feelings which I experienced during my reading. Sometimes, after finishing a book, I look at my life and wish it were like the book I had just read. I wish that I could have the adventures found in these old words. I wish that my life wasn't so bland, and that it would be vivid and full of color and life. I love a good book and the friends I have made from them.

1 comment:

LAINA said...

There really is nothing better than a good book. Book after book after book makes me happy and sometimes even feel more complete than I did before I read it.

I can't understand people who don't like to read, even though I try to, I just don't get it.

Maybe I need to read this book.